Sunday, June 7, 2009

Homemade Hair Wash


Homemade Hair Wash
For clean, fresh hair full of body, try this recipe. I like to do this once a week so my hair does not become dull from using the same shampoos and conditioners.

Step 1:
Combine
1/2 cup baking soda
3/4 cup warm/hot water

Optional: Add 1/4 cup of sea salt
for extra cleansing and for dandruff prone scalp

Pour over hair and massage into scalp.

Step 2:
Deep Condition or Regular Condition
For deep conditioning, mix:
1/4 part honey
1/4 part aloe vera
If possible, warm mixture. Ring out wet hair and coat hair with mixture. Leave on hair for a few minutes to an hour, depending on how much conditioning you want. Rinse out.
For regular conditioning:
Put an all natural store bought conditioner in hair. Massage for a minute and rinse out.

Step 3:
Rinse
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups water
Mix together, tilt head back, and pour mixture over hair. Massage into hair. Rinse out with cool water.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that hair can get dull from use of the same shampoo/conditioner combo? I have wondered about this, but is it due more to the moderate to poor quality of a shampoo/conditioner, or is it something that naturally occurs? Is there a higher quality shampoo/conditioner combo on the market that you recommend? Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After using the same shampoo and conditioner for a while my hair tends to get a bit limp. Once I switched up the products I use on my hair, my hair does not get "used to" one thing and stays vibrant and full of body. I think it is different for everyone, but for me this tends to be the case.

    Some great shampoos are Soignee and Fruit and Herb Shampoo by CWS at AllNaturalCosmetics.com
    I also use Aubrey Organics shampoos. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete