Rice Crispy Treats by Jessica Porter
Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or try almond, cashew, even hazelnut)
- dash of umeboshi vinegar
- dash of vanilla
- optional: chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, roasted almonds, peanuts or cashews
1. Over medium flame, heat up brown rice syrup and peanut butter, vinegar and vanilla, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth, thinned out and bubbling a little.
2. Pour onto crispy rice cereal in a large bowl and blend well with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour into a pyrex dish (or other pan) and flatten with a wet spatula.
4. Let cool. Slice and serve.
For more easy and awesome healthy recipes and a fun read check out "The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics" by Jessica Porter, which you can find on the sidebar of my blog under "Books I Love."