Friday, January 21, 2011

Great Vegan Eats in NYC? Other's Don't Hold a Candle...

Cajun Seitan Sandwich with a refreshing Organic Beer

New York City, in my opinion, has the BEST selection of healthy vegan dining that anyone can find. I think one of the best parts about going to New York is getting to eat. Actually, one of my good friends and fellow foodie, author of  the blog Food to Remember, eats her way through New York when she visits. She finds out about all the best places to eat during the year and then takes a trip to the Big Apple to hit up one spectacular place after another other until she has tried everything good in the city. Now THAT'S dedication!

A couple of awesome organic, vegan and eco-friendly restaurants that I love when I go to New York are Candle Cafe and Candle 79. Candle Cafe has a fantastic menu featuring a variety of flavorful vegetable dishes, refreshing smoothies and fun sandwiches and burgers for the times when we want a hearty meat substitute like seitan. They also have a nice dessert menu (my favorite!). Candle 79 is an upscale restaurant that serves brunch, lunch and dinner. Their comforting, hearty and flavorful dishes will hit the spot when you want to splurge on something a little more sophisticated. Their desserts are ridiculous-amazing!

If you want to bring home some of that delicious goodness, check out their book, The Candle Cafe Cookbook. This is one cookbook I own and love. Actually, right after writing this, it inspired me to flip through my cookbook and try making the Pecan-Crusted Seitan and Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipes for dinner. The seitan was so flavorful and delicious, it was like eating fried chicken fingers! Paired with the mashed potatoes, my meal really satisfied my craving for something fun, flavorful and comforting. Yum...

Check them out online:

Candle Cafe
Candle 79





No comments:

Post a Comment