Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh-So-Elegant and Eco, Cloth Napkins

I moved, yay! And with my move, I am inspired to begin to create a new home that embodies a greener, more mindful way of living. One thing I am excited about with this new surge of inspiration is switching to cloth napkins.

Switching to using cloth napkins has been in my mind for a while, but has not been something I have been able to do, since I have been traveling. But, now that I am (hopefully) staying in one place for a while, I will be able to enjoy my new napkins and feel good about not creating a lot of unnecessary waste from paper napkins.

I recently scored my colorful, hand printed fair trade napkins at the eco-boutique, Sustainable NYC, but if you don't live in New York, you can find cloth napkins at any home store. Also, if you want to take your eco-commitment up a notch, you can find organic and fair trade varieties online, in many colors and prints.

Check out this website for the classic striped variety above, which are 40% organic cotton:
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/porternapkins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment