Kosherfest is a 2 day kosher food event meant for people who work in the kosher food industry to check out new kosher products as well as learn more about the upcoming trends and find out about the latest and greatest developments in the kosher food world.
Some of the events I am particularly interested in checking out in the show schedule are a discussion on "Meeting the Special Needs of the Kosher Consumer." This events will address the diverse needs of kosher clients, in terms of diet and palate, since an increasing number of kosher consumers are seeking out specialty foods as gluten-free, organic, and low-fat.
I am excited to check out"The Authors Corner," where there will be book signings and opportunities to meet cookbook authors such as:
- Jamie Geller: Quick & Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing, Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes, Joy of Kosher Magazine
- Levana Kirschenbaum: Levana's Table, The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen
- Gil Marks: Olive Trees and Honey, Encyclopedia of Jewish Food
- Jeff Nathan: Jeff Nathan's Family Suppers, Adventures in Jewish Cooking
- Leah Schapira: Fresh & Easy Kosher Cooking: Ordinary Ingredients - Extraordinary Meals
- Paula Shoyer: The Kosher Baker
There will also be a Kosher Culinary Competition, "Iron Chef" style. Very exciting!
Kosherfest is November 13-14, 2012 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.
For more info, check their website: http://www.kosherfest.com/