I've been doing some research and have tried to find some delicious looking healthy, vegan and kosher for Passover recipes. What a challenge! Not just vegan, not just kosher for Passover, but also healthy and delicious... I also wanted to come up with easy recipes that anyone can make that would have easily accessible ingredients. You can get everything at your local kosher grocery store.
Here is one that I came up with recently. I will definitely be making it this year!
Roasted Butternut Squash & Quinoa Salad
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups quinoa
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the butternut squash and slice into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the squash on a lined baking sheet and toss with oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 40 minutes or until very soft. Roasting until very soft will make it creamy, buttery and sweeter.
- While the squash is roasting, rinse the quinoa and then place it into a large pot with 3 ⅓ cup water.
- Bring the pot to a boil, add a pinch of salt and then simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- After 20 minutes, set the quinoa aside to cool.
- Once the squash is roasted, toss it with the quinoa and parsley in a large bowl. Garnish it with almonds just before serving.